Thursday, July 9, 2009

Post vacation

OK, Jill...I'm back.
Last week I went to my big brother's beach house on Oak Island. First vacation I've been on in 7 years, and man, oh man, did I need it. My sister-in-law was there with my nephew, my niece, and her husband (along with their doggie), and it was fabulous to see them, and to not feel pressured to shower before walking down to the beach at 6:30 in the morning with my unkempt hair sticking up all over. I didn't have to entertain my pack of 4 dogs, and didn't have to be anywhere at any special time. I didn't touch a computer the entire time I was there, and relied on my news and weather information from Joel, who provided updates from Star and Enquirer magazine.

Now I'm back at work, and have that totally disoriented vacation hangover feeling. I've attended meetings where topics discussed were totally over my head (and I had to compose the meeting minutes), had the hard drive on my work laptop die prior to an 8:00 AM international meeting with Belgium and India, slept horribly, and am seriously considering filing for bankruptcy and moving into my truck. {{{SIGH}}}

Tomorrow is Friday. I'm breathing deeply. I will get back into my routine and all will be well.

6 comments:

Pappa Rooster said...

eeessshhh,
Well i am glad you have a good time.
sorry things are a mess otherwise.
hope you have a better day today
Love you

Mollie said...

All is well. How could I not have a good day when you become even older today.

Mrs. Jennifer said...

When bills are due we go through a day of seriously contemplating parking the pop-up in a field somewhere and hanging up the "home sweet home" sign.

MamaHen said...

So sorry it's been a rough week.

Jill said...

So glad you're back. I almost forgot who you are! Nah, J/K! Glad you had a good, restful vacation. Don't sleep in your car - you can always park a trailer at your old homestead...

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Mollie May, Where the #@%^ have you been, my dear? I don't have your e-mail address (long and boring story). Please be in touch. Hope all is well in your wold. Hugs, D

About Me

My photo
I'm an RN who has done a variety of stuff including pediatric trauma, US Navy Nurse Corps, etc. I have way too many dogs, but love them all. I've lived all over the place, but my heart is in New England. My retirement goal is to live in Vermont and raise sheep.